The Safe and Effective use of Restraint Equipment 2018
Candidates who register for this course must have the:
- Physical capability to undertake physical skills training
- Personal ability to undertake web-based and classroom training and complete written assignments.
This qualification provides delegates with a comprehensive understanding of the legal framework they must operate within, as well as effective practical skills for using handcuffs.
By the end of this training course delegates will:
- Understand all of the legislation relating to the use of Restraint Equipment
- Be able to physically use Restraint Equipment in a wide range of situations
To successfully complete this course, delegates will be required to:
- Understand the primary reason for applying Restraint Equipment
- Understand the health and safety implications, including S.2
and S.3 of the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974, Regulation 3(1) of the
Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations 1999, the
requirements of PUWER.
- Understand the law, including compliance with: S.3(1) of the Criminal Law Act 1967, Common Law, S.24(A) PACE / s.110(A) SOCA and Articles 2, 3 and 5 of the Human Rights Act 1998
- Understand the medical implications of restraint, including positional asphyxia, handcuff neuropathy and bone deformation.
- Demonstrate how to safely apply mechanical restraints, in the form of handcuffs, to a passive and aggressive subject.
- Demonstrate how to remove mechanical restraints, in the form of handcuffs, correctly.
By purchasing access to this course you will be given immediate digital access to the following theoretical Modules:
- The Law and Guidance on the use of Mechanical Restraint
- Health & Safety in relation to the use of Mechanical Restraint
- Medical Implications related to the use of restraint
- Process and Procedure in the use of Mechanical Restraint
In order to complete this course you must complete all of these modules with a 100% pass rate.
In addition to this you will also be given access to the Application and Removal of Mechanical Restraint module which must be completed face to face (Booked Separately).
- Manager: Liam Dolman